Lucky Puppy 5 Year Health Warranty
In order to keep your Lucky Puppy warranty valid and your puppy healthy, we need your cooperation. You must take responsibility for your pet. Our warranty states that you must have your puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within seven days of receiving possession. (PLEASE NO VACCINES UNTIL SECOND VISIT.) After reviewing the records, we have provided an evaluation of your puppy; your veterinarian will provide a schedule of the remaining preventative care steps. Remember, in order to keep your warranty; you must not delay the initial visit.
To ensure the customer of the confidence we have in our puppies, we offer a 5-year health warranty. We also warranty your puppy to be free from the Parvo Virus, Distemper, Hepatitis, Corona Virus, for ten days from the day of arrival. Should your veterinarian detect any of the diseases mentioned above within the fourteen (14) day period immediately following your purchase, you must notify us within twenty- four (24) hours
Please keep in mind that we have been monitoring your puppy's health daily. Like humans, a puppy can have stress when going through changes. A new home, new food, and new people are all stressful. These stresses can lead to rapid changes in your puppy's general health. Seeking advice from your veterinarian will help reduce the risks.
Regardless of your puppy's breed, genetic background, or sex, some problems do not become apparent until later in your puppy's development. These issues are some of the hardest to understand and accept. Please know that we will be here to help should something like a congenital or hereditary disorder arise within the guarantee period. We will help provide you have been responsible for your duties as a pet owner.
In order to maintain your warranty with Lucky Puppy, you must continue regular care of your puppy with a licensed vet. Maintaining a relationship with your local vet will provide an education that is the foundation for a healthy, happy puppy. Failure to comply with the above will result in immediate termination of your guarantee.
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY!
PRESCRIPTION REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM
We offer prescription reimbursement based on specific symptoms that are detected within 14 days of taking ownership of your puppy.
- Cough/respiratory – 10 days Azithromycin, 10 days Baytril
- Giardia – Up To 5 days of Drontal plus (the reason we will not cover Panacur and Metronidozale is because you have just given those meds to your puppy via the preventative meds program. If a giardia positive fecal remains we require Drontal Plus to be used)
Follow Up Giardia Test – Direct Smear or centrifugation (Drontal Plus must be used in order to cover the follow up fecal)
In order to receive reimbursement, one of the above must be the first choice prescribed by your vet.
- This means if a drug such as Clavomox is given first for a cough, we will not cover the cost of any medications after that choice.
- This means for giardia; if Metronidozale and Panacur are provided, we will not cover the cost.
- This means if your follow up giardia fecal test is an Eliza test, it will not be covered.
Our goal of the reimbursement program is to allow the improvement of your puppy's health in the quickest, most effective manner. It is our goal to treat your puppy one time and get it back to 100% health. The medications listed are based on our 20 plus years in the puppy industry. Our team of vets has determined that the above medications are the most effective source for correcting the issues. In order to receive your reimbursement, you must email us a receipt to [email protected]
WE DO NOT COVER:
• The genetic conditions that are teeth related (unless they are inhibiting the puppy's ability to live a healthy life as determined by a licensed vet) retained testicles, and cherry eyes. These conditions are common and can be fixed easily when the puppy is spayed or neutered. We feel it puts too much stress on the puppy to have any of the above procedures performed at a young age.
• X-rays related to a cough unless it is needed due to an ongoing & persistent irritation. Contact us for approval.
• Luxating patellas, legg-calve-perthes disease, and hip dysplasia disease are not covered in full unless detected within the first 30 days and notated by your veterinarian at that time. After 30 days, Lucky Puppy will cover up to 50% of the correction cost or up to the pup price per the invoice, whichever is lower.
• Absolutely no warranty claims will be accepted for issues resulting from LOW BLOOD SUGAR.
Diagnostics related to grade 1 or 2 heart murmur (most are transient and represent no threat to your puppy).
• Knee issues, Legg-Calve-Perthes and hip dysplasia surgical corrections are only covered up to the purchase price of the puppy as long as the proper documentation has been submitted to Lucky Puppy prior to any surgical correction.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
IF YOU PLAN ON BREEDING YOUR NEW FAMILY MEMBER PLEASE CONSULT WITH LUCKY PUPPY STAFF MEMBER PRIOR TO THE PURCHASE OF YOUR PUPPY
IN THE CASE OF SUDDEN DEATH, WE REQUIRE A NECROPSY TO BE PREFORMED IN ORDER TO FILE A WARRANTY CLAIM. AS A COURTESY, LUCKY PUPPY WILL OFFER A 50% DISCOUNT OFF THE PURCHASE OF A NEW PUPPY (UP TO $1500) IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR CHOOSE NOT TO GET A NECROPSY PREFORMED.
No cash refunds. Your warranty offers a replacement puppy of equal or less value. In the case that the Hereditary or Congenital issue can be corrected, we will reimburse you up to the purchase price for the puppy. This excludes any extra charges unless they are stated differently above.
To file a warranty claim, please email vet receipts to [email protected]
Clause - Any civil action against Lucky Puppy must be filed within the state of Iowa.
I have read and understood the warranty provided to me by Lucky Puppy.